Pancakes are a favorite breakfast for my boys around here. They’re quick to whip up, easy to cook, and always a crowd-pleaser. The one thing they’re missing is a little nutritional value. One egg in a dozen pancakes doesn’t exactly scream “high protein.” So, I started experimenting and came up with dairy-free buttermilk TrimShake pancakes for my dairy-allergic kiddos.
doTERRA’s TrimShakes are extremely nutrient-dense, providing 8 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber per serving. There are several delicious flavors, but the only one that is dairy-free is the vegan. The good news is, it may not have much flavor, but it lends itself nicely to smoothies and pancakes! This recipe also packs in half a banana and an entire egg in EACH serving, not over the entire table.
These pancakes remind me a lot of buttermilk pancakes. They make a great backdrop for your favorite jam, jelly, honey, or fruit, while still holding their own in flavor. If you’d like something a little more decadent for breakfast, try these dairy-free double chocolate TrimShake pancakes!
Dairy-Free Buttermilk TrimShake Pancakes
1/2 ripe banana
1 scoop vegan TrimShake
1 T flour
1/4 t baking powder
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the egg, and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until mostly smooth (the banana will make it a little lumpy, unless you mashed it completely smooth).
- In a pre-heated pan over medium heat, pour spoonfuls of the pancake batter into whatever size you’d prefer your pancakes. I like silver dollar pancakes for my kiddos, but larger ones for us.
- Flip once there are bubbles coming to the surface and the bottom of the pancake is flippable.
- Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pull off the heat once cooked through and serve with vegan butter, honey, jam, or berries.