Y’all, is there ANYTHING better than a brownie? I had to find a way to mirror the warm, gooey, almost sinful sweetness of a brownie first thing in the morning. I’m a chocolate addict, I’ll be the first to admit it. The good news is, I’ve come up with a pancake that is not only as delicious, but actually HEALTHY! Double chocolate TrimShake pancakes are as yummy as they come, while still being a great start to your day nutritionally.
In each serving of TrimShake, doTERRA has managed to put 8 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber. On top of that, each recipe of pancakes (enough to serve one) contains an egg and half a banana. These are so nutrient-dense, but you’d never know it with the deliciousness of the pancake itself.
Do you need more information about just how awesome TrimShakes are for your health? Check out this post! Maybe you’re looking for a lighter start to your day, flavor-wise? These Vanilla Trimshake Pancakes with Lemon Essential Oil would be the perfect option!
Double Chocolate Trimshake Pancakes
1/2 ripe banana
1 scoop vegan TrimShake
1 T flour
1/4 t baking powder
1 t cocoa powder
1 T dairy-free chocolate chips
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the egg, and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until mostly smooth (the banana will make it a little lumpy, unless you mashed it completely smooth).
- Add the chocolate chips.
- In a pre-heated, greased pan over medium heat, pour spoonfuls of the pancake batter into whatever size you’d prefer your pancakes. I like silver dollar pancakes for my kiddos, but larger ones for us.
- Flip once there are bubbles coming to the surface and the bottom of the pancake is flippable.
- Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pull off the heat once cooked through and serve with vegan butter or berries.
*** If you don’t need your pancakes to be dairy-free, you may substitute the vegan TrimShake with chocolate TrimShake, and remove the cocoa powder from the recipe.