Melaleuca essential oil– more commonly known as tea tree oil– is comprised of over 92 different compounds and has a nearly limitless list of applications. Aborigines in Australia have used the leaves of the Melaleuca tree for centuries to help promote clearer breathing or cool the skin. Melaleuca essential oil is most-used for its purifying properties, whether that be on countertops or the skin. It helps promote immune function when taken internally to help fight seasonal or environmental threats, and can be used on counters for the same reasons. Diffused, it has an herbaceous scent that combines beautifully with citrus or other earthy essential oils. One of my favorite uses is to put a few drops in a roller bottle of fractionated coconut oil and roll it on my cuticles of my fingernails and toenails after showering at my gym.
If you’re looking for quality essential oils, make sure you only get the best– Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade— so that you know they’re safe to use on even the littlest members of your family. And when you decide you need the best, make sure you get the best price, too. Click here for how so you don’t spend any more than you need to when caring for your family in a more natural way!
Melaleuca Essential Oil Benefits
- Renowned for its rejuvenating and cleansing of the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function*
- Protects against seasonal and environmental threats*
Melaleuca Essential Oil Uses
- Apply 1-2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil directly to the affected area for occasional skin irritations
- Add 1-2 drops to your favorite lotion to help with skin irritation after shaving your legs
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering (especially at a gym) to purify and keep your nails looking their best
- Add a few drops of Melaleuca essential oil, lime essential oil, peppermint essential oil, and wild orange essential oil to a spray bottle of water for a favorite counter cleaning blend
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid