Pancakes are one of our favorite Saturday morning treats. The truth is, though, these are SO easy that I’ve made them before taking Matthew to school during the week, before church on Sunday, or even for an easy, protein-packed dinner on a night where I’m a solo mama. Vanilla TrimShake Pancakes with Lemon Essential Oil are a refreshing way to start your day, what with their sweetness from the vanilla and the brightness from the lemon essential oil.
doTERRA has put 8 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber in each serving of TrimShake, which makes these the healthiest pancakes you’ll ever eat! Plus, it gets half a banana and an egg into your kiddo first thing in the morning. That’s not a bad start to the day, if I do say so myself.
Now that you have an awesome way to use TrimShakes other than in a smoothie, check out the numerous benefits of TrimShakes on this post. If you need another flavor for a picky eater in your family, try these double chocolate pancakes, sure to please ANY member of the family!
Vanilla TrimShake Pancakes with Lemon Essential Oil
1/2 ripe banana
1 scoop Vanilla TrimShake
1 T flour
1/4 t baking powder
2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Mash the banana in a ceramic or metal bowl.
- Add the egg, and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until mostly smooth (the banana will make it a little lumpy, unless you mashed it completely smooth).
- Add the lemon essential oil.
- In a pre-heated pan over medium heat, pour spoonfuls of the pancake batter into whatever size you’d prefer your pancakes. My kiddos love silver dollar pancakes!
- Flip once there are bubbles coming to the surface and the bottom of the pancake is flippable.
- Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pull off the heat once cooked through and serve with vegan butter, honey, jam, or berries.
*** To make these dairy-free, replace the vanilla TrimShake with vegan TrimShake and add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract.