One of Matthew’s Top 10 foods would probably be blueberries. Last summer, he would shovel them into his mouth with both hands, straight off the bush, as fast as he possibly could. Needless to say, I know that anything I put blueberry on, he’ll love. I decided to try making some Instant Pot lemon blueberry jam for him that I would jar and use on toast, in homemade poptarts, topping on various cakes and biscuits, etc. Heck, rewarming it a little and putting it on ice cream is amazing, too!
I didn’t want to make it super sugary, though, and I wanted to add something healthier into it. Enter chia seeds and honey. This recipe is super simple but uber tasty. The chia seed acts as the agent to gel the jam and adds in some “superfood” quality, too. Local honey sweetens it up just a little (the amount of honey, relative to the amount of blueberries, keeps it sweet, but not cloyingly so) and helps with our allergies, too! The drop of lemon essential oil adds an extra punch of citrus brightness to the blueberries without making it too thin to really turn into jam. Plus, it adds some awesome essential oil benefits which basically makes it a second superfood in your guilty pleasure!
If you love lemons, blueberries, or dessert, this lemon blueberry pie is perfect for anytime you want a light, sweet treat!
Don't Miss Out on a New Instant Pot Recipe!
Subscribe here for a beautiful, printable Instant Pot Iced Tea recipe card and you'll never miss an Instant Pot recipe that could change the way you cook!
Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Jam
2 pounds blueberries (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup local honey
1 T lemon juice
3/4 c chia seed
1 drop lemon essential oil
- Combine the blueberries, chia seeds, and honey in your Instant Pot.
- They’ll burst some under pressure, but go ahead and mash some in your Instant Pot (maybe 3/4 of them or so) to make it a little more jammy and a little less like plain ol’ cooked blueberries.
- Set your Instant Pot to boil and allow your future jam to come to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes before putting the lid on your Instant Pot and setting it to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Allow to natural pressure release until the pin drops. Take the lid off and allow to cool some.
- Once it’s warm, but not hot, add the drop of lemon essential oil and taste. Add more if you’d like it more lemon-y.
- Use immediately on everything, stick it in the fridge, or can it if you think you can stand to wait!